The purpose of the Spirituality & the Earth CC is to foster and facilitate communication and cooperation between all those who feel a spiritual connection with the Earth. We hope to make a difference by:
* bringing together those who follow indigenous, tribal, pagan, nature-based, and Earth-centered spiritualities;
* reaching out to spiritual traditions and groups (especially indigenous and tribal) who have not been involved in the process before;
* sharing information and resources; and
* bringing our combined wisdom to bear on the needs of the Earth and all livings beings.
Our diversity currently includes: Christianity, Heathenism, Hinduism, interfaith, Judaism, Native American traditions, Taoism, Wicca, and spiritually-focused science. We currently have members on four continents, in: Canada, India, Mexico, Russia, the United Kingdom, theUnited States, and Venezuela (Regions: Asia, Europe, Latin America, North America). We operate by consensus, assisted between meetings by an interim Coordinating Council. We are a loose network of individuals with shared interests and concerns, who use the S&ECCto stay in touch and offer mutual support. Recent projects have included:
* Helping indigenous people of Latin America, including GC Trustees and CC representatives to understand and use the Western administrative processes that drive the URI;
* Assisting with English language education for indigenous representatives;
* Creating and maintaining a website for the Indigenous MCC in Latin America to aid ion their efforts to reach out to other indigenous people around the world.
Mr. Donald H. Frew