What can be our contribution to peace as members of URI? The origin of this message is derived from “Contributions to Peace” by Mussie Hailu, URI Director for the Continent of Africa and URI Global Envoy. You might add more contributions to peace that reflect your thoughts, feelings, and local needs.
Contributions to Peace
- We can contribute to peace when we strive to express the best of our-self in our contacts with others.
- We can contribute to peace when we use our intelligence and our abilities to serve the Good.
- We can contribute to peace when we look upon all people as our brothers and sisters, regardless of race, culture or religion.
- We contribute to peace when we rejoice over the happiness of others and pray for their well-being.
- We contribute to peace when we listen with tolerance to opinions that differ from ours or even respectfully oppose them.
- We contribute to peace when we choose dialogue rather than resorting to force to settle a conflict.
- We contribute to peace when we respect nature and preserve it for generations to come.
- We contribute to peace when we do not seek to impose our conception of God upon others.
- We contribute to peace when we make peace the foundation of our ideals and philosophy.
- We contribute to peace when we practice the Golden Rule.
May Peace Prevail in our mind
May Peace Prevail in our heart
May Peace Prevail in our family
May Peace Prevail in our country
May Peace Prevail in our region
May Peace Prevail on Earth
About this series:
Each year, hundreds of URI Cooperation Circles participate in the International Day of Peace (IDP). As a global community, we put organized global spirit and energy into action! Here are some beloved ideas and inspirations for peacebuilding. You can expect two issues of this series each week until September 21. Hope you love them too and find them useful!
See more posts in this series for more ideas about how to celebrate the International Day of Peace.
May Peace Prevail,