Skip to main content
- The dove is a symbol of peace and hope. God sent a dove with an olive branch to Noah after the great flood as a sign that the flooding was over and a sign of new life and a new chance.
- Light is an important symbol in Christianity. The sun is a symbol of Christ, the son of God, who brought light into the world.
- During Holy Communion, Christians share bread and wine, spiritual food symbolizing the body and blood in Christ.
- The cross is a symbol of Christ’s crucifixion. It is a reminder to Christians that Jesus died so that others may live.
- A nativity scene: the birth of Jesus as the Son of God.
- The Easter lily is a sign of rebirth symbolizing Christ’s resurrection from the dead, just as a lily grows from a seemingly dead bulb under the ground into the daylight as a new and glorious flower.
- The Bible is the holy book of Christians. The Old Testaments of the Bible is the same as the Jewish Torah, as it is the story of the Hebrew people.
- God gave Moses the Ten Commandments to pass on to the Hebrew people.