Dear young leaders,
In celebration of UN World Environment Day on June 5th, the Environmental Resource Cooperation Circle (ERCC) will feature voices of young environmental leaders in the URI global network in an environmental newsletter. While the challenges of climate change are great, visionary young leadership is emerging around the world (and within the URI network!) to lead us to a future of ecological healing.
"We act from sound ecological practices to protect and preserve the Earth for both present and future generations." - Principle 10 of the URI Charter.
In order to elevate the wisdom of young people dedicated to addressing environmental issues, the ERCC invites you to submit a piece to be featured in the June newsletter in response to the question(s): How do you address environmental issues in your community? and/or How do your values and/or belief systems support your environmental commitments?
- Respond to the prompt: How do you address environmental issues in your community? and/or How do your values and/or belief systems support your environmental commitments?
- Write a piece that is 300-700 words in length
- If you're feeling creative, I invite you to submit a poem, song, video blog, photo essay or painting (instead of or in addition to prose)!
- Send a mini bio of yourself (this will accompany your piece)
- Send your submission to email@example.com before June 2nd
I hope to hear from you soon!
P.S. SAVE THE DATE -- Thursday, 8 June at 7:30 a.m. PST (2:30 p.m. GMT)-- for an intergenerational conversation on climate change. All voices are welcome!