I am proudly pleased to inform you that the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), at its Coordination and management meeting of July 2017, adopted the recommendation of the Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to grant Special consultative status to our organization, Pakistan Council for Social Welfare and Human Rights (PCSW&HR).
Consultative status for our organization enables us to actively engage with ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, as well as with the United Nations Secretariat, programmes, and agencies in a number of ways:
- To actively engage with ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, as well as with the United Nations Secretariat, programmes, funds and agencies in a number of ways.
- To consult with Member States and the United Nations system at large, based on
- The nature and scope of work that PCSW&HR undertakes.
- PCSW&HR in general consultative status may request the Secretary- General, through the Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations, to place items of special interest in the provisional agenda of the Council
- This special consultative status entitles the PCSW&HR to designate its official representatives to the United Nations Headquarters in New York and the United Nations offices in Geneva and Vienna.
- The PCSW&HR’s representatives will be able to register for and participate in events, conferences and activities of the United Nations, and organizations in general and special consultative status may designate authorized representatives to sit as observers at public meetings of ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, General Assembly, Human Rights Council and other United Nations intergovernmental decision-making bodies.
With profound regards.
Muhammad Ijaz Noori,
Pakistan Council for Social Welfare & Human Rights