Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in United Nation at its Coordination and management meeting of July 2017 adopted the recommendation of the Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to grant special consultative status Pakistan Council for Social Welfare and Human Rights.
This special Consultative Status enables PCSW&HR:
- To actively engage with ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, as well as with the United Nations Secretariat, programmes, funds and agencies in a number of ways.
- To consult with Member States and the United Nations system at large, based on
- The nature and scope of work that PCSW&HR undertakes.
- PCSW&HR in special consultative status may request the Secretary- General, through the Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations, to place items of special interest in the provisional agenda of the Council
- This special consultative status entitles the PCSW&HR to designate its official representatives to the United Nations Headquarters in New York and the United Nations offices in Geneva and Vienna.
- The PCSW&HR’s representatives will be able to register for and participate in events, conferences and activities of the United Nations, and organizations in general and special consultative status may designate authorized representatives to sit as observers at public meetings of ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, General Assembly, Human Rights Council and other United Nations intergovernmental decision-making bodies.
- The UN Secretary-General is authorized to offer United Nations facilities to PCSW&HR in special consultative status, including:
- accommodation for conferences or smaller meetings relate to the work of ECOSOC
- Appropriate seating arrangements and facilities for obtaining documents during public meetings of the General Assembly that deal with matters in the economic and social and related fields.
- Arrangement of informal discussions on matters of special interest to groups or organizations.
- Access to United Nations press documentation services.
- Prompt and efficient distribution of documents related to ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies as the Secretary-General deems appropriate.
- Use of United Nations libraries
It is great honor for our organization to have special consultative status with ECOSOC, really it is recognition of our humble work for humanity, support, guidance and appreciation by all of our friends time to time to improve our quality of work. PCSW&HR will continue its efforts for the protection of human rights, promotion of interfaith harmony, culture of peace, justice, social tolerance and will feel great honor to work with United Nation especially ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies and play it role to achieve the noble goals of ECOSOC at United Nation.