Greetings of peace and blessing from URI-Africa.
URI-Africa signed a working partnership agreement with African Ombudsman and Mediators Association (AOMA) to actively promote a rule of law, good governance, human rights and dignity in Africa.
URI-Africa concluded the agreement with AOMA on the occasion of the conference held in Burundi on the theme of “The Role of National Ombudsman Institutions in Peace-building and Conflict Prevention”.
Without rule of law, good governance and respect for human right and dignity there is seldom peace and democracy and recognizing and bearing in mind this fact URI-Africa signed the agreement with AOMA with the objectives to:
- Promote human dignity, rule of law, good governance, peaceful co-existence, mutual respect among people of different religions and cultures in Africa
- Prevent violent extremism, radicalization and hate speech
- Work together on the issue of Agenda 2063 and SDGs
- Promote a culture of peace through the teaching of the Golden Rule which says, “Treat others the way you want to be treated”,
- Promote inter-religious and intercultural constructive dialogue to build trust and peaceful coexistence in Africa
- Organize jointly different workshops, conference, seminars and events related to the mission of the two organizations
- Develop and implement common projects relevant to the mandate of the two organizations.
African Ombudsman are working in making good governance and rule of law an urgent priority for the continent’s peace and development agenda. The mission of AOMA is to advance the development of the Ombudsman institution for the furtherance of good governance, the rule of law, democracy and human rights in Africa. And its vision is to be a leading international Association of ombudsman offices, practitioners and scholars dedicated to the promotion of open, accountable and people-centered democratic governance in Africa. AOMA has observer status at the African Union and it has members in 36 African Countries.
May Peace Prevail on Earth
In peace and gratitude,