The United Religions Initiative has a longstanding relationship with the United Nations and this year URI North America is proud to sponsor members to travel to the United Nations Headquarters in New York City during World Interfaith Harmony Week!
Want a better idea of what this trip could mean for you? Read through some of the reflections from previous trip participants:
- Appreciating Diversity, Finding Inspiration
- My URI Trip to New York City
- How my trip to the UN changed me
- VIDEO: World Interfaith Harmony Week at the United Nations
- Towards Global Citizenship: Building Community through Art and Conversation at the UN
- Interfaith Friendships Steeped in Anticipation
- Global Movement, Grassroots Work and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Participants on the trip will:
- be introduced to the United Nations by URI UN Representative Monica Willard,
- engage in conversations about the connections (and potential connections) between the UN and local interfaith work, and
- build community with fellow youth/young adults doing interfaith work in the US/Canada.
- URI North America will provide a trip for three members of three different North America Cooperation Circles or Affiliates to the United Nations in New York, NY.
- It is our hope to fully fund the trip for participants. The details will be announced privately to trip participants.
- The duration and exact dates of the trip have not yet been determined as the exact meetings/events participants will be involved in during the trip are still being finalized. We do know that the trip will be for 2-3 days in the general time frame of January 28 - February 8.
- Participants will be selected by members of the URI North America Leadership Council.
- Priority consideration will be given to youth/young adults.
- The applicant must be a member of a URI North America Cooperation Circle or Affiliates that celebrated/commemorated International Day of Peace in 2018.
- The applicant, or someone from their Cooperation Circle/Affiliate, must have submitted a report of this celebration/commemoration to URI. (All reports received are represented here. If you celebrated International Day of Peace and still need to send in your report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .)
- The application form must be submitted by 9 am (EST) on Wednesday, January 2, 2019. Applicants will be notified of the results by January 9.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.